Life at Balentine
Balentine’s culture reflects a collaborative workforce driven by excellence and a commitment to lifelong learning. Our goal is to create an environment where motivated people flourish. Beginning with a thorough, engaging onboarding experience, our dedicated human capital team offers a complete life cycle of talent development opportunities during your career at Balentine. See our open wealth management jobs below.
Sometimes finding the right fit means looking beyond the checklist of skills and experiences. At Balentine we know that bright candidates can often learn new skills quickly, while core values like integrity, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and mutual respect are honed over a lifetime. If your values align with ours, let’s talk - even if your professional background isn’t an exact match.
Relationship Associate (Raleigh, NC)
In its 12th year as an independent, employee-owned firm, Balentine LLC is enjoying rapid growth, exceeding $5B of Assets Under Advisement (the last $2B of which came in the past two years). Currently, fewer than 200 Independent firms in the nation have crossed that threshold. Balentine is recognized as a perennial winner of Pensions and Investments Best Places to Work in Money Management and recognized in both Barron’s and Forbes industry rankings.
Our vision is to be known as the “go to” wealth management firm for entrepreneurs and business owners and an employer of choice within our industry. As such, Balentine is currently looking for a passionate, bright, polished individual that thrives in a group setting to join our Raleigh Wealth Management team.
The Relationship Associate will work closely with both the Head of Raleigh Office and Head of Financial Planning and interact regularly with our super-ensemble Relationship Management team to drive the client experience. In this role, the RA will gain experience spearheading client service initiatives and is integral to building trust and confidence with our clients. There is opportunity to thrive either within the Relationship Associate role, or on a defined trajectory to becoming a Relationship Manager.
The ideal and successful RA candidate will have a passion for excellence, an appreciation for serving clients well, and a strong desire to be part of the unparalleled firm culture that we have at Balentine.
At the heart of the Relationship Associate (RA) position is the ability to add value to each client’s experience with Balentine. Each client represents a unique set of goals and challenges. Working in support of the Relationship Manager (RM), the RA is expected to respond quickly and effectively to exceed service expectations and provide proactive solutions to unique problems with little oversight and almost full autonomy. Not only does the RA serve as the representative of Balentine to the client, the RA also represents the client’s needs within Balentine. On the front lines, the RA fields many complex questions and satisfies many urgent client requests. The role of the RA should not be undervalued as the ability to make a positive impact on clients’ lives and the experiences created therein are crucial to client retention.
The successful candidate is one who can provide unparalleled client service as demonstrated by the ability to complete the following while in an intense and high stakes environment:
- Anticipate the individual needs of the RM and the clients and proactively provide creative solutions based on an in-depth understanding of the wealth management industry and Balentine’s distinctive approach to investing
- Maintain an exceptionally high level of responsiveness despite competing needs, changing priorities, and unexpected critical situations
- Contribute to Balentine’s Client Team by digesting and translating critical information and sharing across the entire service team
The ultimate goal of this position is to develop a long-lasting, trusting relationship with each client through superior service to enhance their relationship with the firm. The success of an RA is demonstrated by the ability to complete the following:
- Provide same-day responses to client requests
- Demonstrate operational proficiency of Balentine’s technology systems by processing correctly both the day to day business items and the ad-hoc research needs within the client dictated time frames. This includes:
- Money Management – Wires, ACH’s, journals, dividend reinvestment, cash management
- Operational Expertise – Coordinating new account and transfer paperwork, documentation management, and performance reporting requests with the Operations team
- Track, monitor, and distribute all tax documents and other requests made by the client’s personal advisory team, such as CPA, lawyer, and family office staff
- Follow established monitoring activities to proactively assess a situation based on specific client knowledge and discern when some action is required
- Complete all trading duties, both manual trade tickets and periodic rebalance tasks
- Meet 100% of deadlines for Alternatives Investments funding
- Adhere to all Balentine policy and regulatory requirements
Relationship Manager Support
- Show comprehensive understanding of each client by being able to retain and recall critical information, such as family dynamics, hot button issues, investing idiosyncrasies, spending requirements, and fee structure, in accordance with the RM’s needs
- Maintain an organized list of workflows to track and review various tasks and projects that the collective client team is working on.
- Perform administrative duties such as book and materials production, scheduling assistance, and comparable duties, getting input and feedback from other team members
Balentine is an innovative and entrepreneurial organization that functions as a single team dedicated to outstanding client service and investment excellence. To continue our culture of excellence, we have defined the following competencies necessary for this position:
- Analytical / Critical Thinking
- Ability to think logically through a situation to identify and avoid potential pitfalls and arriving at the best-case and feasible outcome
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Is unperturbed by changing priorities and conditions; is capable of shifting concentrations throughout the day
- Calm Under Pressure/Unflappable
- Ability to respond calmly and maintain high performance standards in an intense and extremely high stakes environment
- High Emotional Intelligence
- The ability to read and connect with people and respond accordingly in varying situations
- The ability to recognize own and other’s emotions and use to create positive interactions
- The desire for continued growth, personally and professionally
- Intuitive and Resourceful
- Ability to anticipate needs of client, team, and RM in order to provide creative solutions including solutions that efficiently organize self and othersWelcoming of feedback
- Team-Oriented and Friendly
- The ability and desire to contribute to a supportive and collaborative environment
- The ability and desire to have a positive impact on the people around you
- 5+ years similar experience
- Experience working with high-net-worth families
- Technologically savvy and proficient
- Proficiency with Box, Salesforce, and NetX360 strongly preferred; experience with similar program types is required
A competitive compensation package will be offered, including an attractive base salary and benefits. If interested, use the button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Please title the subject line: [Your Full Name] – Relationship Associate position.Email Resume
Executive Assistant (Atlanta, GA)
Balentine is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Executive Assistant (EA) on the Multi-Family Office (MFO) Team. The EA role is part of a growing and fast-paced team in our Atlanta headquarters. By providing critical support to two key personnel, this person plays a significant part in the success and well-being of the organization.
The successful candidate must be technologically savvy, proactive, efficient, and able to display a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
The ideal candidate will understand that a great attitude and efficiency in technology and task management will be key drivers for success. We expect this person to, with training, perform the following responsibilities:
Executive Support Responsibilities
- Provide complete administrative support for the President and the Head of Family Office Services and Private Capital:
- Arranging for all internal meetings, coordinating all logistics such as catering and conference room setup and breakdown
- Coordinating travel needs and blocking off appropriate time on calendars
- Preparing, printing, and binding any requested meeting materials, including prospect pitchbooks
- Aiding in presentation creation according to Balentine marketing standards
- Storing all materials and notes in accordance with Balentine’s cloud-based filing system
- Complete expense reporting
- Input and maintain correct records in Balentine’s client relationship management system, Salesforce
- Provide task-level project support on an as-needed basis (e.g., mass mailings, binding meeting materials)
- Become cross-trained on other administrative support roles and office management
- Work with Balentine’s outsourced IT partner to expedite and resolve any technology problems on behalf of these executives
Shared Front Line Responsibilities
- Operate a multi-line telephone console in answering all calls within three rings and routing callers to the appropriate party
- Greet guests in lobby as they arrive, offer a beverage, and notify employees of their arrival; provide parking validations and any additional information as guests leave
- Reset conference rooms and lobby area to prepare for incoming guests
- Distribute and collect mail and packages
- Reset office café, including unloading and loading the dishwasher each day
While we acknowledge there can be multiple approaches to a job well-done, the below competencies outline some of the characteristics that we expect to contribute to the success of this position.
- Professional and Courteous
- Ability to maintain uncompromising levels of confidentiality
- Ability to interact with all people in a polite manner and positive attitude
- Ability to have a positive impact on the people around you
- Emotional Intelligence and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to read and connect with people and respond accordingly in varying situations
- Ability to recognize own and others’ emotions and use them to create positive interactions
- Organized and Productive
- Ability to structure responsibilities, tasks, and project management to eliminate wasted time and efforts
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities without missing deadlines
- Ability to self‐manage, prioritize, and produce quality work in both individually and team environments
- Calm Under Pressure / Unflappable
- Ability to respond calmly and maintain performance standards in a busy office setting
- Ability to maintain high service standards and problem-solve effectively when faced with new challenges
- Adaptable and Reliable
- Ability to remain unperturbed by changing priorities and conditions
- Ability to shift concentrations throughout the day
- Ability to always arrive on time and prepared
- 2 years similar experience
- Expertise in Outlook required
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft Office suite required
- Experience with Adobe, Box, Concur and Salesforce a plus
Balentine offers a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary and benefits. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include your full name as well as the phrase “Executive Assistant MFO-Atlanta” in the subject heading.
Senior Investment Analyst (Atlanta, GA)
Balentine is currently looking for a dynamic individual that thrives in a group setting to join our investment research team. This individual will collaborate with current members to build portfolios that enable our clients to reach their financial goals. We are seeking someone with a strong quantitative background, an understanding of macroeconomic relationships, and an ability to code with Python or equivalent language.
The individual joining our team will be challenged with helping us iterate on our current investment platform, while also adding efficiencies to the overall role. The SIA role at Balentine offers the employee a chance to develop professionally and personally as part of a team of experienced and successful investment professionals.
Balentine is a 100% employee-owned independent registered investment advisory firm with approximately $5 billion in AUA. Our roots date back over 30 years as a leading advisor in the ultra-high net worth and institutional markets. Our accelerated growth in both markets requires the need to broaden our investment team and diversify our talent base. This role presents a dynamic growth opportunity to become a voting member of the Investment Strategy Team, the firm’s investment decision making body, and a leader within our growing organization, including the potential to become a Balentine partner.
This position will report directly to the Deputy CIO and collaborates regularly with the Head Trader, Director of Institutional Relationships, and CIO.
The overarching goal of the Senior Investment Analyst is to add thought diversity to our investment process and working bandwidth within the team. Specific duties can be broken down into three groups and will include the following responsibilities:
- Develop and iterate on quantitative investment models that drive allocations in client portfolios.
- Create and iterate on investment themes that can add excess return or reduce risk to client portfolios.
- Work in a team setting to brainstorm, test, approve, and communicate investment ideas that add value to portfolios.
- Monitor capital markets for changing trends and investment opportunities.
- Provide insight and feedback on investment implementations including passive and active management.
- Follow established monitoring activities to proactively assess a situation based on specific client knowledge and discern when some action is required.
- Complete all trading duties, both manual trade tickets and periodic rebalance tasks.
- Meet 100% of deadlines for Alternatives Investments funding.
- Adhere to all Balentine policy and regulatory requirements.
- Develop strong relationships with client facing roles in Balentine to provide the needed level of understanding of investments and our process.
- Engage with clients as needed to communicate investment discipline and outcomes.
- Distill crucial tenets of our investment process to clients and prospects.
- Build custom presentations and reports to communicate capital markets activity and portfolio updates internally and externally.
- Contribute to current body of knowledge with the occasional development of white papers, research pieces, and blogs.
Balentine is an innovative and entrepreneurial organization that functions as a single team dedicated to outstanding investment excellence and client service. Successful candidates will embody that spirit and philosophy. In addition to strong professional experience, the ideal candidate demonstrates the following personal characteristics:
- Unquestioned commitment to doing what is right
- Ability to work with confidential financial information with unquestioned discretion
- Absolute accountability for oneself and the team’s success
- Productive and Efficient
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and produce high-quality results in both team and individual environment
- Comfort level working in a non-bureaucratic environment
- Proactive attitude complemented by a high energy level
- High Standard / Attention to Detail
- Having pride in your work and the work of your team
- Treating every project diligently
- Extreme attention to detail as evidenced by a lack of errors, omissions, and inconsistencies
- Communication Skills
- Demonstrating polished and professional communication and presentation styles across a number of mediums
- An ability to listen effectively and interpret internal and external needs
- Ability to work alone, in teams, and with clients
- Unperturbed by changing conditions and priorities
The successful candidate will have previously demonstrated experience in the field of investment management with a heavy analytical background. The individual should be comfortable working for an entrepreneurial organization with a successful track record of delivering consistent long-term investment returns achieved by demanding expectations. Qualifications include:
- Understanding of a broad range of investment products, including alternative and private capital asset classes
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R)
- CFA charter holder or significant progress toward receiving charter; advanced business degree (MBA, MS)
- Experience with Balentine’s technology systems is a plus: Factset, Morningstar, Addepar, RedBlack, Salesforce
A competitive compensation package will be offered including an attractive base salary, a performance- driven bonus, and benefits.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and two references via email. Please include your full name as well as the phrase “Senior Investment Analyst” in the subject heading.Email Resume
Didn't Find Your Desired Job Posting?
Thank you for your interest in working at Balentine. If our current job openings do not match your expertise, we would still like to hear from you. Please take a moment to send us your resume for future consideration.
At Balentine, the following employees can attest you will not find yourself pigeonholed into a traditional career path with no way out. As an entrepreneurial firm, we ask our employees to take the lead in designing their own career trajectories, traditional or otherwise, and to work closely with leadership to identify and develop skills needed for the next level.
2010: Client Service Associate
2013: Senior Client Service Associate
2016: Client Service Manager
2018: Director of Client Service
2020: Associate Relationship Manager
“I appreciate the entrepreneurial mindset with which we approach every day and every decision at Balentine. It’s important for a firm to stay nimble, and I love that we have stayed true to that approach as we’ve grown.”
2014: Investment Analyst
2016: Senior Investment Analyst
2018: Director of Manager Selection and Implementation
“Balentine has a great story, and I love how the firm’s history has shaped our culture. Being a part of that story as a valued employee keeps me coming back for more.”
2009: Partner and Director of Operations
2018: Partner and Chief Compliance Officer
“Founding Balentine with my fellow partners has been one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. I’m proud of what we’ve built together and excited for the opportunities to come.”
2014: Associate Relationship Manager
2016: Relationship Manager
2018: Head of Financial Planning
2019: Partner and Head of Financial Planning
“The greatest part of working at Balentine for me is the ability to have a real impact on the lives of our clients. What we do matters and it starts with deeply understanding what each client would like to accomplish.”
Looking for guidance managing your wealth? Balentine is committed to providing the education and advice our clients need to realize their goals.