Life at Balentine
Balentine’s culture reflects a collaborative workforce driven by excellence and a commitment to lifelong learning. Our goal is to create an environment where motivated people flourish. Beginning with a thorough, engaging onboarding experience, our dedicated human capital team offers a complete life cycle of talent development opportunities during your career at Balentine. See our open wealth management jobs below.
Sometimes finding the right fit means looking beyond the checklist of skills and experiences. At Balentine we know that bright candidates can often learn new skills quickly, while core values like integrity, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and mutual respect are honed over a lifetime. If your values align with ours, let’s talk - even if your professional background isn’t an exact match.
Senior Relationship Associate (Atlanta, GA)
At the heart of the Relationship Associate (RA) position is the ability to add value to each client’s experience with Balentine. Each client represents a unique set of goals and challenges. Working in support of the Relationship Manager (RM), the Sr. RA is expected to respond quickly and effectively to exceed service expectations and provide proactive solutions to unique problems with little oversight and almost full autonomy. Not only does the Sr. RA serve as the representative of Balentine to the client, the Sr. RA also represents the client’s needs within Balentine. On the front lines, the RA fields many complex questions and satisfies many urgent client requests. The role of the RA should not be undervalued as the ability to make a positive impact on clients’ lives and the experiences created therein are crucial to client retention.
The successful candidate is one who can provide unparalleled client service as demonstrated by the ability to complete the following while in an intense and high stakes environment:
- Anticipate the individual needs of the RM and the clients and proactively provide creative solutions based on an in-depth understanding of the wealth management industry and Balentine’s distinctive approach to investing
- Maintain an exceptionally high level of responsiveness despite competing needs, changing priorities, and unexpected critical situations
- Contribute to Balentine’s Client Team by digesting and translating critical information and sharing across the entire service team
The ultimate goal of this position is to develop a long-lasting, trusting relationship with each client through superior service to enhance their relationship with the firm. The success of a Sr. RA is demonstrated by the ability to complete the following:
- Provide same-day responses to client requests
- Demonstrate operational proficiency of Balentine’s technology systems by processing correctly both the day to day business items and the ad-hoc research needs within the client dictated time frames. This includes:
- Money Management – Wires, ACH’s, journals, dividend reinvestment, cash management
- Operational Expertise – Coordinating new account and transfer paperwork, documentation management, and performance reporting requests with the Operations team
- Track, monitor, and distribute all tax documents and other requests made by the client’s personal advisory team, such as CPA, lawyer, and family office staff
- Follow established monitoring activities to proactively assess a situation based on specific client knowledge and discern when some action is required
- Complete all trading duties, both manual trade tickets and periodic rebalance tasks
- Meet 100% of deadlines for Alternatives Investments funding
- Adhere to all Balentine policy and regulatory requirements
Relationship Manager Support
- Show comprehensive understanding of each client by being able to retain and recall critical information, such as family dynamics, hot button issues, investing idiosyncrasies, spending requirements, and fee structure, in accordance with the RM’s needs
- Maintain an organized list of workflows to track and review various tasks and projects that the collective client team is working on.
- Perform administrative duties such as book and materials production, scheduling assistance, and comparable duties, getting input and feedback from other team members
Balentine is an innovative and entrepreneurial organization that functions as a single team dedicated to outstanding client service and investment excellence. To continue our culture of excellence, we have defined the following competencies necessary for this position:
- Analytical / Critical Thinking
- Ability to think logically through a situation to identify and avoid potential pitfalls and arriving at the best-case and feasible outcome
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Is unperturbed by changing priorities and conditions; is capable of shifting concentrations throughout the day
- Calm Under Pressure/Unflappable
- Ability to respond calmly and maintain high performance standards in an intense and extremely high stakes environment
- High Emotional Intelligence
- The ability to read and connect with people and respond accordingly in varying situations
- The ability to recognize own and other’s emotions and use to create positive interactions
- The desire for continued growth, personally and professionally
- Intuitive and Resourceful
- Ability to anticipate needs of client, team, and RM in order to provide creative solutions including solutions that efficiently organize self and othersWelcoming of feedback
- Team-Oriented and Friendly
- The ability and desire to contribute to a supportive and collaborative environment
- The ability and desire to have a positive impact on the people around you
- 5+ years similar experience
- Experience working with high-net-worth families
- Technologically savvy and proficient
- Proficiency with Box, Salesforce, and NetX360 strongly preferred; experience with similar program types is required
A competitive compensation package will be offered, including an attractive base salary and benefits. If interested, use the button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Please title the subject line: [Your Full Name] – Senior Relationship Associate position.Email Resume
Executive Assistant (Atlanta, GA)
Balentine is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Executive Assistant (EA). The EA role is part of a growing and fast-paced team in our Atlanta headquarters. By providing critical support to three key personnel, this person plays a significant part in the success and well-being of the organization.
The successful candidate must be technologically savvy, proactive, efficient, and able to display a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
The ideal candidate will understand that a great attitude and efficiency in technology and task management will be key drivers for success. We expect this person to, with training, perform the following responsibilities:
Executive Support Responsibilities
- Provide complete administrative support for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Director of Institutional Relationships, and Director of Accounting and Finance:
- Arranging for all internal meetings, coordinating all logistics such as catering and conference room setup and breakdown
- Coordinating travel needs and blocking off appropriate time on calendars
- Preparing, printing, and binding any requested meeting materials
- Storing all materials and notes in accordance with Balentine’s cloud-based filing system
- Complete expense reporting
- Demonstrate efficiency in Balentine’s invoice management system by entering bill information correctly and on time in accordance with the schedule
- Input and maintain correct records in Balentine’s client relationship management system, Salesforce
- Provide task-level project support on an as-needed basis (e.g., mass mailings, binding meeting materials)
- Become cross-trained on other administrative support roles and office management
- Work with Balentine’s outsourced IT partner to expedite and resolve any technology problems on behalf of these executives
Shared Front Line Responsibilities
- Operate a multi-line telephone console in answering all calls within three rings and routing callers to the appropriate party
- Greet guests in lobby as they arrive, offer a beverage, and notify employees of their arrival; provide parking validations and any additional information as guests leave
- Reset conference rooms and lobby area to prepare for incoming guests
- Distribute and collect mail and packages
- Reset office café, including unloading and loading the dishwasher each day
While we acknowledge there can be multiple approaches to a job well-done, the below competencies outline some of the characteristics that we expect to contribute to the success of this position.
- Professional and Courteous
- Ability to maintain uncompromising levels of confidentiality
- Ability to interact with all people in a polite manner and positive attitude
- Ability to have a positive impact on the people around you
- Emotional Intelligence and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to read and connect with people and respond accordingly in varying situations
- Ability to recognize own and others’ emotions and use them to create positive interactions
- Organized and Productive
- Ability to structure responsibilities, tasks, and project management to eliminate wasted time and efforts
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities without missing deadlines
- Ability to self‐manage, prioritize, and produce quality work in both individually and team environments
- Calm Under Pressure / Unflappable
- Ability to respond calmly and maintain performance standards in a busy office setting
- Ability to maintain high service standards and problem-solve effectively when faced with new challenges
- Adaptable and Reliable
- Ability to remain unperturbed by changing priorities and conditions
- Ability to shift concentrations throughout the day
- Ability to always arrive on time and prepared
- 2 years similar experience
- Expertise in Outlook required
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft Office suite required
- Experience with Adobe, Box, Concur and Salesforce a plus
Balentine offers a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary and benefits. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume via email, including your full name as well as the phrase “Executive Assistant-Atlanta” in the subject heading.
Director of Trading (Atlanta, GA)
This role is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to lead, execute and collaborate in the design of an effort to bring our trading execution in-house where the role is presently filled by an outsourced partner. This role is a key component of the firm’s growth strategy and offers the opportunity to participate heavily in the creation and execution of the right combination of technology, processes, and order flow to enable the firm to fulfill its strategic goals and better serve its clients.
The Director of Trading will report to the Deputy Chief Investment Officer and work alongside other Investment Strategy Team members in addition to collaborating laterally with client facing personnel where the individual will be responsible for owning, improving, and facilitating Balentine’s trading process and serve as the Subject Matter Expert of the software-based rebalancing tool(s) Balentine uses in the transition to bring trading in-house.
In sum, the individual in the Director of Trading role will work as the lead in recommending the most efficient trading structure for the firm’s needs, run the firm’s model portfolios, execute Relationship Manager’s client requests, ensure compliance with communicated client constraints, and help supplement the trading related components of the Investment Strategy Team.
Balentine is an innovative and entrepreneurial organization that functions as a single team dedicated to excellence for clients and employees alike. To continue our culture of excellence, we have defined the following outcomes required of this position.
- Manages and implements master list of all strategies and adjusts them as model changes are warranted
- Works directly with RMs by helping execute client-directed trades and placing them in real-time, removing any ambiguity where necessary
- Functions as the designated trading expert within the firm and is comfortable with time-sensitive, and responsibility-heavy activities such traditional stock, bond and fund trading in addition to periodic situations with interval funds, options, futures, forwards, FX, thinly traded positions, limit orders/stop losses/GTC, 12-b-5-1 programs, etc.
- Takes a proactive approach and is actively reviewing accounts for adherence and compliance
to and conformity with client instructions to alert RMs to remedy • Reviews client portfolios for conformity to nuances such as: client-specific IPS constraints, prohibited transactions, insider status, multi-custodian trades, 529 plans and so forth
- Assists with client transitions into and out of strategies
- Supplements IST with trading and market related data in the context of investment related initiatives
- Trades the firm’s 401(k) plans
- Meaningful experience in a trading role
- Possess a significant level of experience with stock, bond, fund and ETF transactions
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office Suite in addition to standard securities licenses and market-based trading tools and applications
- Undergraduate degree or higher
While we acknowledge there can be multiple approaches to a job well-done, the below competencies outline some of the characteristics that we expect to contribute to the success of the Director.
- Demonstrable, genuine enthusiasm toward both the investment industry and Balentine
- Detail-Oriented – to the extreme!
- A meticulous approach to all aspects of work
- Ability and desire to explore and understand the minutia
- Ability to take sophisticated material and convey its meaning in different formats, adjusting level of detail and technicality to audience at hand
- Diplomacy and Discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully, keeping all confidential matter as such
- Ownership and Compliance Mentality
- Willingness to insist upon adherence to protocols and standards at all times
- Analytical/Critical Thinking
- Ability to think logically through a situation to identify and avoid potential pitfalls and arriving at the best-case and feasible outcomes
- Calm Under Pressure / Unflappable
- Ability to respond calmly and maintain performance standards in an intense and extremely high stakes environment
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Is unperturbed by changing priorities and conditions; is capable of shifting concentrations throughout the day
A competitive compensation package will be offered, including an attractive base salary and benefits.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume via email. Please title the subject line: Director of Trading – YOUR NAME.Email Resume
Senior Marketing Associate – Digital Marketing Specialist (Atlanta, GA)
The Senior Marketing Associate (SMA) is a very exciting opportunity for the right individual to learn about a wealth management firm’s entire business strategy and to participate in a rebrand, new website launch, and the creation of content and marketing materials that truly represent the heart of the firm and will allow Balentine to serve its clients.
From the entrepreneur wanting to leave a legacy of hard work and philanthropy for future generations to the foundations and endowments whose continued financial success will allow an untold number of people to live a life of dignity and accomplishment, Balentine is here to help clients achieve their goals. In this endeavor, the Senior Marketing Associate plays an integral role by generating content and documents across all mediums whose presentation capture the heart of Balentine and express our brand and our mission in a professional, aesthetically captivating way. In this way, the SMA directly contributes to the firm’s ability to help our clients and impacts overall growth potential of the firm as well.
The SMA will report to the Director of Marketing and work alongside other Marketing team members to design and bring to life materials that embody Balentine’s core values, and marketing initiatives and automations to drive marketing along the client journey. This Marketing Associate will collaborate on general marketing efforts and will specialize in digital marketing initiatives. The MA role at Balentine offers the employee a chance to be both creative and analytical on a daily basis, to innovate while learning all aspects of the marketing team.
Balentine is a self-sufficient, entrepreneurial firm, and we look for new employees who possess skills and experiences that will build upon the current team’s abilities and expertise.
- 8-10 years in marketing
- 3-5 years focused on digital marketing
- Strong technical skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, HubSpot, Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat)
- Experience across multiple digital strategies: marketing automations, email workflows, organic social, website design and experience
- Lead Generation and Automation – strong working knowledge of HubSpot with experience building workflows and automations, creating lead gen marketing campaigns, building landing pages, designing and sending email campaigns, building and integrating progressive forms
- Social Media – strong working knowledge of social media platforms – LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter – and ability to execute activities that will boost visibility on social channels. Will also work to connect social accounts to Hubspot and build automations between Hubspot and social display ads.
- WordPress Website – serve as primary team member for posting blogs, updating content, building landings pages and integrating Hubspot forms onto primary website. Will also work closely with website vendor on the design and development of a complete website overhaul, bringing a working knowledge of how the website supports a sales funnel.
Data & Analytics
- Research – Stay informed of competitor digital marketing efforts for benchmarking purposes
- Analytics – Provide regular analysis and metrics of content and digital engagement; work with Client Relationship teams to produce and track action-items based on the data. Primary reporting sources are Hubspot, Google Analytics, and Salesforce
- Ideas – Participate in brain-storming sessions for new pitches and department development ideas and bring forth data-driven recommendations
General Marketing Coordination
- Event Assistance – Provide support as needed for external events, webinars and podcasts, including organizing, planning, setting up, and coordinating with vendors.
- Creation – prepare presentation materials, requests for proposals, survey submissions, investment commentary pieces and other marketing driven collateral
- Branding and Presentation – Apply Balentine standard branding to all documents and use creativity and Acrobat software to turn materials into eye-catching, professional publications that represent Balentine’s core values
While we acknowledge there can be multiple approaches to a job well-done, the below competencies outline some of the characteristics that we expect to contribute to the success of the MA.
- Demonstrable, genuine enthusiasm towards both the investment industry and Balentine
- Ability to dream and bring to life new ideas that help the firm and help our clients
- Ability to structure and format materials across all mediums in such a way that is both consistent with Balentine’s message and draws the audience in to learn more
- Have an eye for the aesthetics
- Effective Communicator
- Ability to exchange information across different channels
- Knowing your audience and adjusting the message in order to be understood and to accomplish the desired outcome
- Desire to continuously learn and add value in new ways
- Desire to seek out information and understand the root of the matter
- Desire for continued growth personally and professionally
- Welcoming of feedback
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust output accordingly based on feedback
- Analytical / Critical Thinking
- Ability to process qualitative or quantitative data and turn into actionable items for improvement
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Willing to work after normal hours in order to complete time-sensitive projects as needed
A competitive compensation package will be offered, including an attractive base salary and benefits. If interested, use the button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Please title the subject line: Marketing Associate – Digital Marketing Specialist.Email Resume
Didn't Find Your Desired Job Posting?
Thank you for your interest in working at Balentine. If our current job openings do not match your expertise, we would still like to hear from you. Please take a moment to send us your resume for future consideration.
At Balentine, the following employees can attest you will not find yourself pigeonholed into a traditional career path with no way out. As an entrepreneurial firm, we ask our employees to take the lead in designing their own career trajectories, traditional or otherwise, and to work closely with leadership to identify and develop skills needed for the next level.
2010: Client Service Associate
2013: Senior Client Service Associate
2016: Client Service Manager
2018: Director of Client Service
2020: Associate Relationship Manager
“I appreciate the entrepreneurial mindset with which we approach every day and every decision at Balentine. It’s important for a firm to stay nimble, and I love that we have stayed true to that approach as we’ve grown.”
2014: Investment Analyst
2016: Senior Investment Analyst
2018: Director of Manager Selection and Implementation
“Balentine has a great story, and I love how the firm’s history has shaped our culture. Being a part of that story as a valued employee keeps me coming back for more.”
2009: Partner and Director of Operations
2018: Partner and Chief Compliance Officer
“Founding Balentine with my fellow partners has been one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. I’m proud of what we’ve built together and excited for the opportunities to come.”
2014: Associate Relationship Manager
2016: Relationship Manager
2018: Head of Financial Planning
2019: Partner and Head of Financial Planning
“The greatest part of working at Balentine for me is the ability to have a real impact on the lives of our clients. What we do matters and it starts with deeply understanding what each client would like to accomplish.”
Looking for guidance managing your wealth? Balentine is committed to providing the education and advice our clients need to realize their goals.