Life at Balentine
Balentine’s culture reflects a collaborative workforce driven by excellence and a commitment to lifelong learning. Our goal is to create an environment where motivated people flourish. Beginning with a thorough, engaging onboarding experience, our dedicated human capital team offers a complete life cycle of talent development opportunities during your career at Balentine. See our open wealth management jobs below.
Family Office and Private Capital Manager (Atlanta, GA)
Balentine has launched a multi-family office (MFO) offering to provide specialized services to families with assets of $100MM and above. The goal of the MFO division is to help intergenerational families address the human capital and administrative aspects of their wealth alongside world-class investment management and financial planning. Additionally, the division assists, and in select cases facilitates, intergenerational families’ unique private investment needs. In this way, Balentine Multifamily Office seeks to protect and grow family assets in the broadest sense. Due to tremendous initial traction, Balentine seeks a dynamic team member to provide analytical, investment, and project management support to the Head of Family Office Services. This professional will participate in establishing a robust platform of services, as well as providing unparalleled service to an exciting and complex client base. The successful candidate will be one who is excited by the unknown, revels in the discovery, and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
Client Service and Departmental Support
- Ensure any professional, technical, or client service problem or request is resolved in a timely manner by coordinating with the appropriate people and resources
- Submit research reports on select industries and sectors, as requested, to support new business development
- Craft presentations and pitch material for the solicitation of new business
- Quarterback new projects to further the division’s development, as directed by senior management
Business Advisory Support
- Perform analytical comparisons and option scenarios for private capital investments, cash management strategies, and significant capital expenditures
- Apply financial analysis and market knowledge to assess the likelihood of a successful strategy
- Create materials for advisory assignments, including balance sheet analysis for personal family assets and corporate entities
- Communicate complex strategic issues and financial information in a clear, concise, and relevant manner to assist and guide decision-makers in corporate finance transactions
- Convey a genuine interest in, and understanding of, the client’s business and industry; provide both broad and specific information and suggestions for improving the business
- Create and implement financial models to review deals and determine profitability
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of regulatory and legal issues in the financial industry
Asset Management Support
- Tailor and finalize all meeting materials, ensuring accuracy and error-free reports, working with administrative support to deliver the final product to attendees
- Serve as the point-person for all incoming requests from clients and consultants, including performance questions, attribution analysis, operational updates, audit-related requests, producing ad-hoc reports, and documentation
- Draft client communications regarding portfolio investment changes (i.e., rebalances)
- Provide complete and error-free analyses of clients’ return attribution profiles
- Provide complete and thorough asset allocation recommendations for existing client portfolios proactively, based on on-going monitoring, as well as reactively, as requested by the client team lead
- Serve as the liaison between Balentine’s client team and investment team by participating in all investment-related discussions and coordinating with the investment team to provide thorough responses to client queries
- Complete periodic monitoring reports, ensuring accuracy of client portfolios and resolving or explaining any discrepancies
While we acknowledge there can be multiple approaches to success, the below competencies outline some of the characteristics we expect the successful candidate to embody.
- Predisposition to take care of clients and to put others first
- Ability to meet the needs of the client
- Creativity / Innovation
- Ability to dream and actualize new ideas to help the firm and our clients
- Ability to put aside accepted boundaries or concepts and approach problem-solving in new ways
- Emotional Intelligence & Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to read and connect with people and respond accordingly in varying situations
- Ability to recognize own and others’ emotions to create positive interactions
- Ethics and Integrity
- Unquestioned commitment to doing what is right
- Awareness and care of the effect your actions have on others
- Excellence & Entrepreneurialism
- Ability to demonstrate examples of never settling for the status quo
- Ability to calmly and efficiently solve problems with resourcefulness, innovative solutions, and limited direction
- Ability to demonstrate entrepreneurial zeal with a strong business sense
- Influencing / Persuading
- Ability to direct the outcome of a situation
- Ability to influence through effective communication
- High Standards & Confidence
- Ability to instill a sense of trust and aptitude through successful and authentic interactions
- Recognition that the relationship manager (RM) represents the firm as well as the client and should embody the highest performance standards
- Ability to be accountable for yourself and for the actions and results of your team
- Ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic resulting in goal achievement
- Ability to stay focused and service an entire book of business with little supervision
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and work hard both individually and collaboratively
Experience and Qualifications
- Three-to-five years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, or business consulting experience is required.
- Interest in, and exposure to, capital markets, business advisory services, private equity and venture capital, and asset management is required.
- In-depth knowledge of deal structuring, regulations, and closing principals is strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, articulate individual possessing strong analytical, writing, and technical skills. The candidate must be entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and have a great attitude.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office programs
A competitive compensation package will be offered, including an attractive base salary and benefits. If interested, use the button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Please title the subject line: Family Office and Private Capital Manager – YOUR NAME.Email Resume
Didn't Find Your Desired Job Posting?
Thank you for your interest in working at Balentine. If our current job openings do not match your expertise, we would still like to hear from you. Please take a moment to send us your resume for future consideration.
At Balentine, the following employees can attest you will not find yourself pigeonholed into a traditional career path with no way out. As an entrepreneurial firm, we ask our employees to take the lead in designing their own career trajectories, traditional or otherwise, and to work closely with leadership to identify and develop skills needed for the next level.
2010: Client Service Associate
2013: Senior Client Service Associate
2016: Client Service Manager
2018: Director of Client Service
2020: Associate Relationship Manager
“I appreciate the entrepreneurial mindset with which we approach every day and every decision at Balentine. It’s important for a firm to stay nimble, and I love that we have stayed true to that approach as we’ve grown.”
2014: Investment Analyst
2016: Senior Investment Analyst
2018: Director of Manager Selection and Implementation
“Balentine has a great story, and I love how the firm’s history has shaped our culture. Being a part of that story as a valued employee keeps me coming back for more.”
2009: Partner and Director of Operations
2018: Partner and Chief Compliance Officer
“Founding Balentine with my fellow partners has been one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. I’m proud of what we’ve built together and excited for the opportunities to come.”
2014: Associate Relationship Manager
2016: Relationship Manager
2018: Head of Financial Planning
2019: Partner and Head of Financial Planning
“The greatest part of working at Balentine for me is the ability to have a real impact on the lives of our clients. What we do matters and it starts with deeply understanding what each client would like to accomplish.”
2011: Reporting Associate
2014: Operations Manager
2016: Director of Business Management
2018: Director of Human Capital
“To me, Balentine is the land of opportunity—the opportunity to participate, to learn and grow, to work hard, and to be successful.”
Looking for guidance managing your wealth? Balentine is committed to providing the education and advice our clients need to realize their goals.