Life at Balentine
Balentine’s culture reflects a collaborative workforce driven by excellence and a commitment to lifelong learning. Our goal is to create an environment where motivated people flourish. Beginning with a thorough, engaging onboarding experience, our dedicated human capital team offers a complete life cycle of talent development opportunities during your career at Balentine. See our open wealth management jobs below.
Director of Marketing (Atlanta, GA)
Balentine is searching for an experienced marketing professional with a proven track record of designing and implementing innovative solutions and cutting-edge technologies to drive pipeline growth and firm profitability. The Director of Marketing needs to be a forward-thinking leader who can execute in a high-stakes industry and fast-paced environment.
In concert with Balentine’s overall firm strategy, the Director of Marketing (DM) is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and implementing marketing campaigns which raise awareness of Balentine’s brand by effectively reaching our target audiences across myriad channels. As department head, the DM is responsible for developing marketing staff and collaborating with other departments to ensure all marketing activities are efficient and in alignment with Balentine’s core objectives and regulatory requirements.
Balentine is an innovative and entrepreneurial organization which functions as a single team dedicated to excellence for clients and employees alike. To continue our culture of excellence, we have defined the following outcomes required of this position.
Key Marketing Efforts
- Lead the development and deployment of creative, data-driven marketing campaigns leveraging myriad channels (e.g., web and search, digital and print media, email campaigns, social media, and Balentine signature pieces) to effectively increase Balentine’s visibility among target audiences
- Oversee the development and delivery of all content, ensuring brand consistency with fresh and error-free material
- Use the power of technology, including Balentine’s CRM, to increase interaction with clients and prospects
- Increase Balentine’s interaction with relevant media outlets
- Establish relationships with external parties, proactively coordinating interviews and developing contributed pieces, including op-eds
- Prepare colleagues for interviews and other external speaking engagements in order to position colleagues as thought leaders in their areas of expertise
- Identify and manage strategic relationships with third-party vendors
- Identify key industry survey and award campaigns, coordinate responses, and complete submissions by applicable deadlines
Department and Team Management
- Develop and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to communicate the success of marketing campaigns to the Management Team
- Demonstrate superior knowledge by serving as the ultimate point of escalation for department issues through satisfactory resolution of any dilemmas
- Work with the Director of Human Capital to create role objectives, development opportunities, and growth paths for direct reports
- Meet with direct reports on a regular basis to address concerns, identify and train on areas of need, and to promote trust and understanding
- Responsible for the department budget and ensuring the department is appropriately allocating resources to meet the firm’s growth goals
While we acknowledge there can be multiple approaches to a job well-done, the following competencies outline some of the characteristics we expect to contribute to a successful Director of Marketing.
- Creativity and Innovation
- Ability to dream and bring to life new ideas which help the firm and our clients
- Ability to put aside accepted boundaries or concepts and approach problem solving in new ways
- Technology Savviness
- Ability to learn and use innovative technologies to drive performance and results
- Ability to determine and communicate a cost/benefit analysis of implementing technology solutions
- High Standards / Attention to Detail
- Ability to produce and understand the value of well-presented marketing materials
- Ability to maintain performance standards at all times
- Ability to proof written copy for errors under tight deadlines
- Ability to stay focused and make progress on multiple projects even when not held to specific deadlines by a supervisor
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and work hard both individually and collaboratively
- Ability to pitch strategic initiatives and persuade peers and Management to buy into new programs and ideas
- Ability to articulate a vision, sell a plan, and stay the course through successful implementation and adoption
- Ownership of big decisions and a strategic view of the broader company beyond the Marketing Department while being cost-effective
- Ability to hire, inspire, develop, and promote teammates
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in marketing, journalism, business, mass communication, or other applicable field required
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in marketing-based roles with increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum of four years of team management experience, demonstrating successful growth of direct reports
- Must demonstrate advanced writing skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation skills and referencing knowledge; comfortable with both MLA and AP Style
- Must demonstrate experience learning and utilizing new technology to drive results
Balentine offers a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary and benefits. If interested, click the following button to submit a cover letter and resume via email. Please title the subject line “Director of Marketing—YOUR NAME.”Email Resume
Didn't Find Your Desired Job Posting?
Thank you for your interest in working at Balentine. If our current job openings do not match your expertise, we would still like to hear from you. Please take a moment to send us your resume for future consideration.
At Balentine, the following employees can attest you will not find yourself pigeonholed into a traditional career path with no way out. As an entrepreneurial firm, we ask our employees to take the lead in designing their own career trajectories, traditional or otherwise, and to work closely with leadership to identify and develop skills needed for the next level.
2010: Client Service Associate
2013: Senior Client Service Associate
2016: Client Service Manager
2018: Director of Client Service
“I appreciate the entrepreneurial mindset with which we approach every day and every decision at Balentine. It’s important for a firm to stay nimble, and I love that we have stayed true to that approach as we’ve grown.”
2014: Investment Analyst
2016: Senior Investment Analyst
2018: Director of Manager Selection and Implementation
“Balentine has a great story, and I love how the firm’s history has shaped our culture. Being a part of that story as a valued employee keeps me coming back for more.”
2009: Partner and Director of Operations
2018: Partner and Chief Compliance Officer
“Founding Balentine with my fellow partners has been one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. I’m proud of what we’ve built together and excited for the opportunities to come.”
2014: Associate Relationship Manager
2016: Relationship Manager
2018: Head of Financial Planning
2019: Partner and Head of Financial Planning
“The greatest part of working at Balentine for me is the ability to have a real impact on the lives of our clients. What we do matters and it starts with deeply understanding what each client would like to accomplish.”
2011: Reporting Associate
2014: Operations Manager
2016: Director of Business Management
2018: Director of Human Capital
“To me, Balentine is the land of opportunity—the opportunity to participate, to learn and grow, to work hard, and to be successful.”
Looking for guidance in managing your wealth? Balentine is committed to providing the education and advice our clients need to realize their goals.