Life at Balentine
Balentine’s culture reflects a collaborative workforce driven by excellence and a commitment to lifelong learning. Our goal is to create an environment where motivated people flourish. Beginning with a thorough, engaging onboarding experience, our dedicated human capital team offers a complete life cycle of talent development opportunities during your career at Balentine. See our open wealth management jobs below.
Administrative Associate (Raleigh, NC)
Balentine is looking for a dynamic individual to lead the day-to-day office functions as the Administrative Associate (AA) in its Raleigh, North Carolina office. The AA will work with all members of the Raleigh team to keep a smooth-running office, as well as liaise with the Atlanta office for all inter-office responsibilities.
The role of the AA is to ensure that, by staying organized and working diligently to provide support in key administrative areas, the Relationship Managers (RM) are able to focus and maximize productivity within their own roles.
The challenges of this job are found in the reactive nature of a fluctuating workload and balancing requests from multiple sources. The successful candidate will ultimately be able to juggle many, often conflicting, priorities and communicate effectively and efficiently with all stakeholders.
The AA plays a critical role in the client experience at Balentine which ultimately contributes to client retention levels. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that the AA approach this role in the most professional manner possible by maintaining immaculate records, adhering to established deadlines, and planning for unexpected needs by being organized and prepared at all times.
The successful candidate is one who can provide unparalleled support by achieving the following in a fast-paced and high-stakes environment:
- Answer all calls within three rings and be present to greet guests and respond to any needs such as beverages, parking passes, WiFi passwords, etc.
- Coordinate technology training, setup, and issue resolution, as needed.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of office supplies, reordering as needed.
- Contribute to expense management by identifying and choosing cost-effective printing and mailing options.
- Serve as liaison with appropriate personnel in the Atlanta office to address any inter-office proceedings.
- Respond to ad-hoc office needs such as errands to the post office or delivering documents.
Meeting Coordination and Preparation
- Meet all RM-specified due dates for preparing and proofing materials for regular and ad-hoc meetings, including the production and binding of all quarterly reporting and financial planning documentation, as requested.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc requested reports through the performance reporting program.
- Manage coordination of all internal team meetings by seeking attendee input and circulating meeting materials, including agendas, at least 72 hours prior to each meeting.
- Communicate with clients and Balentine executives to schedule all meetings in the requested timeframe, including travel arrangements and reservations, taking into consideration all attendees’ travelling and scheduling confines.
- Prepare and restore conference rooms before and after meetings, including video and telephone conferencing setup.
- Within two months of hire, consistently meet established firm guidelines for submitting expense reports and AmEx charges for RMs.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of Balentine technologies by inputting and maintaining correct records in Salesforce.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of Balentine’s file management system, Box, by accurately following standard nomenclature and filing guidelines.
Balentine is an innovative and entrepreneurial organization which functions as a single team dedicated to outstanding client service and investment excellence. To continue our culture of excellence, we have defined the following competencies necessary for this position:
- Demonstrable, genuine enthusiasm toward both the investment industry and Balentine
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Unperturbed by changing priorities and conditions; capable of shifting concentrations throughout the day
- Calm Under Pressure/Unflappable
- Ability to respond calmly and maintain high performance standards in an intense and extremely high-stakes environment
- High Standards/Attention to Detail
- Taking pride in what you deliver, including staying late at times to finish work
- Not allowing important aspects of work to slip through the cracks or go unattended
- Preparedness and Proactivity
- Ability to stay organized in order to anticipate and meet the needs of the team
- Willingness to identify and complete additional work when needed and in slower-paced times
- Communication Skills, including Listening
- Ability to understand what is being asked of you and the ability to communicate your request to different personalities and through various methods (e.g., verbal, email, etc.)
- Team-Oriented and Friendly
- Ability and desire to contribute to a supportive and collaborative environment
- Ability and desire to have a positive impact on the people around you
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite and standard office administrative practices and procedures a must
- Excel expertise desired
- B.A. degree preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Box, BlackDiamond, and Pershing NetX360 a plus
A competitive compensation package will be offered, including an attractive base salary and benefits.Email Resume
Didn't Find Your Desired Job Posting?
Thank you for your interest in working at Balentine. If our current job openings do not match your expertise, we would still like to hear from you. Please take a moment to send us your resume for future consideration.
At Balentine, the following employees can attest you will not find yourself pigeonholed into a traditional career path with no way out. As an entrepreneurial firm, we ask our employees to take the lead in designing their own career trajectories, traditional or otherwise, and to work closely with leadership to identify and develop skills needed for the next level.
2010: Client Service Associate
2013: Senior Client Service Associate
2016: Client Service Manager
2018: Director of Client Service
“I appreciate the entrepreneurial mindset with which we approach every day and every decision at Balentine. It’s important for a firm to stay nimble, and I love that we have stayed true to that approach as we’ve grown.”
2014: Investment Analyst
2016: Senior Investment Analyst
2018: Director of Manager Selection and Implementation
“Balentine has a great story, and I love how the firm’s history has shaped our culture. Being a part of that story as a valued employee keeps me coming back for more.”
2009: Partner and Director of Operations
2018: Partner and Chief Compliance Officer
“Founding Balentine with my fellow partners has been one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. I’m proud of what we’ve built together and excited for the opportunities to come.”
2014: Associate Relationship Manager
2016: Relationship Manager
2018: Head of Financial Planning
2019: Partner and Head of Financial Planning
“The greatest part of working at Balentine for me is the ability to have a real impact on the lives of our clients. What we do matters and it starts with deeply understanding what each client would like to accomplish.”
2011: Reporting Associate
2014: Operations Manager
2016: Director of Business Management
2018: Director of Human Capital
“To me, Balentine is the land of opportunity—the opportunity to participate, to learn and grow, to work hard, and to be successful.”
Looking for guidance in managing your wealth? Balentine is committed to providing the education and advice our clients need to realize their goals.