David Damiani, CFA is Balentine’s Deputy Chief Investment Officer and Chief Financial Officer. With more than two decades of industry experience, David brings his expertise to bear as Chair of the Investment Strategy Team, overseeing the development and implementation of investment policies and leading the firm’s institutional management business. He is also a founding partner of Balentine and a member of the Management Committee. David’s innovative views on liquidity management as a risk management tool have been recognized by the CFA Institute in the article “The Case for Cash.” Passionate about educating the next generation, David is a guest lecturer at the University of Georgia and serves on the board of directors of the Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF).
- MS, Georgia State University (Finance)
- BA, Georgia State University
- Wilmington Trust Company, Vice President & Senior Investment Advisor
- Mercer Investment Consulting, Senior Associate & Consultant
- Advent Software, Senior Consultant & Project Manager
- Credit Suisse Asset Management, Assistant Vice President & Senior Equities Trader
Professional Affiliations & Awards
- CFA Charterholder
- CFA Institute, Member
- CFA Society Atlanta, Member
- CFO Leadership Council, Board of Directors
- Vistage, Member
- Christian City, Advisory Board Member
- Cognia, Investment Committee Member
- Knights of Columbus, Member
- University of Georgia Terry College of Business Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF)/Finance Board, Board of Directors
How and why did you get into this business?
I was drawn to this industry as a senior in high school watching the 1987 crash unfold. I was fascinated by what drove this machine called the market and wanted to know how it worked. While it is a centuries old mechanism, it is perhaps the purest form of capitalism in existence, and I saw “Wall Street” as an immediate way to convert hard work and knowledge into reward.
What was your best business decision?
To help found Balentine as an equity partner in December 2009.
Why did you choose to come to work at Balentine?
Despite the economic and market malaise at the time, it was a great risk-adjusted decision. As a founding partner, I enjoy having control of my own destiny, leaving an old guard traditional bureaucracy to participate in building a firm with people I truly like.
Why does Balentine exist?
Balentine exists to provide clients with a better alternative to managing all matters financially related and to develop, grow, and empower employees to become future leaders.
What do you think makes Balentine different from other wealth management organizations?
Our level of commitment. Passion is not just a word. I see it every day in the effort and emotion folks bring to their work.
What inspires you to come to work each day?
I love what I do. I have the latitude to execute/implement strategy, I know that my voice will be heard, and I appreciate the support I receive from my colleagues.
Looking for guidance managing your wealth? Balentine is committed to providing the education and advice our clients need to realize their goals.