Rob Ragsdale, CFP®, AIF® is a partner at Balentine and works as a Senior Relationship Manager serving individuals, families, and institutional clients. Rob manages Balentine’s Raleigh office, oversees the firm’s Endowment and Foundation Practice, and serves as a member of the firm’s Investment Strategy Team. A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® designee, Rob brings a wealth of financial, compliance, and tax knowledge to Balentine clients. Before joining Balentine, Rob was a relationship manager at Franklin Street Partners in Chapel Hill, NC, serving as an investment advisor to both private and institutional clients. His tenure in the investment industry spans nearly two decades, managing relationships throughout the United States and overseas.
- BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Phi Beta Kappa)
- MBA, Duke University Fuqua School of Business
- Franklin Street Partners, Investment Advisor
- McDonald & Co., Investment Banking Associate
- First Union National Bank, Investment Banking Analyst
Professional Affiliations & Awards
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Wake County Estate Planning Council, Member
- Christ Episcopal Church, Vestry & Investment Committee
- The Lawrenceville School, Alumni Admissions Council
- Marbles Kids Museum, Board of Directors
- Preservation Society of Chapel Hill, Board of Trustees
- UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Board of Visitors
Why did you choose to come to work at Balentine?
I joined Balentine a year after the firm opened its doors. I was attracted to the people, the conflict-free business model, and the opportunity to really make a difference in this market.
What do you think makes Balentine different from other wealth management organizations?
We have a unique combination of a deep team with an unconflicted business model that has a track record of outperformance at attractive costs with world-class client service.
How does the work you do make a difference?
My goal is to enable clients to focus on their highest and best use of time—whether it be running a company, disbursing grants, or spending time with family.
What is it that you do at Balentine that gives you the most personal satisfaction?
Walking out of a client meeting knowing that I have really made a difference.
What is your favorite sport or activity? Why?
I follow college sports, football and basketball, in particular. I have run over a dozen marathons, enjoy playing high handicap golf, and try to coach my kids’ sports as I am able. I enjoy hunting and fishing, as well, but I don’t do as much of that as I would like in my suburban existence.
Looking for guidance managing your wealth? Balentine is committed to providing the education and advice our clients need to realize their goals.