John Huntz is a consultant to Balentine and serves as Senior Investment Advisor to the Investment Strategy Team. In this role, John, a 30-year veteran of private-equity investing, advises on all aspects of Balentine’s Private Capital Advisory practice. John’s primary profession is managing director of Huntz & Co., a private equity/venture investment and advisory firm. Additionally, he serves on the boards of directors of Manhattan Associates (NASDAQ: MANH), several privately held companies, and several non-profits. John is also the founder and chairman of the Southern Capital Forum, an organization dedicated to fostering closer professional relationships among the members of the Southeast private capital community through the exchange of information and ideas between private equity, venture capital, corporate and angel investors, and groups that provide products or services to the private capital community.
- BBA, Niagara University
- MBA, Sacred Heart University
- Huntz & Co., Managing Director
- Arcapita Inc., President & Head of Arcapita Ventures
- Fuqua Ventures, Managing Director
- Fuqua Enterprises, Inc., Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- Noble Ventures International, Managing Partner
- Arthur Young & Company, Director of Capital Resources
- Harrison Capital, Investment Professional
Professional Affiliations & Awards
- Bastille Networks, Board of Directors
- CardioMEMS, Inc., Past Chairman
- Georgia Advanced Technology Ventures, Board of Directors
- Georgia Logistics Innovation Council, Board of Directors & Past Chairman
- Georgia Tech, Global Center for Medical Innovation, Board of Directors
- Launch Media, Board of Directors
- Manhattan Associates (NASDAQ: MANH), Chairman
- Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, Advisory Board
- SalesWise, Inc., Board of Directors
- Securities and Exchange Commission, Small Business Capital Formation Task Force, Executive Committee
- Southern Capital Forum, Founder & Chairman
- Imperial Innovations (London), Advisory Board, Former Member
- National Venture Capital Association, Board of Directors, Former Member
- U.S. Chamber International Committee, Board of Directors, Former Member
- American Heart Association, Board of Directors
- Atlanta Botanical Garden, Past Chairman & Lifetime Trustee
- Atlanta Charity Clays, Member
- Ballyliffin Golf Club (Donegal, Ireland), Lifetime Member
- Burge Plantation, Executive Committee
- Green Jacket Club (Homestead, VA), President Elect
- Madison Morgan County Cultural Center, Endowment Committee Co-Chair
- Madison Morgan County Conservancy, Member
- National Sporting Clays Association (US), Member
- Piedmont Healthcare Foundation, Board Member
- Rotary Club of Atlanta, Member
- Woodruff Arts Center, Member
How and why did you get into this business?
I took a long and winding path, following my instincts to do what I perceived to be best for me and my family.
Why did you choose to come to work at Balentine?
The integrity of the Management Team.
What was your hardest lesson learned?
Always do what you consider to be the right thing, regardless of the situation or people involved.
What are the big issues that Balentine and companies like it need to solve to truly benefit the parties they serve?
Be a trusted advisor on the complexities of investing and managing wealth and all the nuances that go along with it.
How does your role fit in the big picture of serving clients?
I bring a different experience and perspective to the clients, especially in the area of Private Capital.
If you were abandoned on a deserted island, what single creature comfort would you desire most?