Paradigm Shift: Improving Fundamentals Turn Skepticism to Optimism
February 12, 2018
Balentine is pleased to present our 2018 Capital Markets Forecast. This annual research piece is the foundation of our investment process, and the projections herein form the basis of the strategies we design to help our clients achieve their goals.
This year’s edition is titled “Paradigm Shift: Improving Fundamentals Turn Skepticism to Optimism,” as we explore the current market environment from our traditional, long-term strategic view. This year, we also share our near-term, tactical perspective. In short, stock markets should experience further gains but with increased volatility, as we have already seen so far this year.
In addition to laying out expected returns and risks over the next market cycle, we discuss several timely subjects, including:
- The 2017 Tax Reform Bill: How Will It Impact the Investment Landscape?
- Don’t Let “Buy and Hold” Leave You in the Cold
- World Crises and the News Cycle: Investment Opportunities or Investment Calamities?
- A Primer on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investing
- A Current Investment Approach to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
Our long-term track record owes much to getting the “big picture” right. We hope you find this year’s Capital Markets Forecast informative in understanding what levels of risk and return we expect from today’s starting point.